Amrit Dhaliwal focuses her practice primarily on life sciences, toxic torts, general liability, and environmental litigation. Amrit defends clients in pharmaceutical, medical device and dietary/herbal supplement product liability claims.
Prior to joining Walsworth, Amrit worked on land use, zoning and real estate transactional matters for a telecommunications company.
Amrit is fluent in Punjabi.
- Summary adjudication granted in favor of manufacturer client in a product liability case where the plaintiff sued for personal injuries allegedly sustained as a result of exposure to a medical device. The Court granted summary adjudication in favor of the manufacturer as to all product liability causes of action (strict liability, negligence and breach of warranty).
- Judgment entered in favor of manufacturer client following two rounds of successful dispositive motions. While motion for summary judgment was pending, plaintiff was granted leave to amend her complaint to add new causes of action. A demurrer was filed on behalf of manufacturer client and sustained by the court, without leave to amend.
- Summary judgment granted in favor of medical device manufacturer in product liability action.
- Judgment entered in favor of manufacturer of Class III medical device on grounds that claims were preempted by federal law.
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Young Lawyers Association
Amrit graduated from the California Western School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Honors Board, the Public Service Honors Society, and the Pro Bono Honors Society. During law school, she externed for the Honorable Anthony J. Battaglia at the United States District Court of the Southern District. Amrit also interned at the San Diego County Office of the Primary Public Defender, the San Diego County Office of the Alternate Public Defender, and the San Diego City Attorney’s Office.
Born and raised in Fresno, California, Amrit moved to Orange County for her undergraduate studies and has been in Southern California ever since. While away from the office, Amrit enjoys traveling, watching sports, going to the gym, hiking and trying the many brunch options Orange County has to offer.
- Walsworth Honored at OCWLA Gala for Advancement of Women Award
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Action Involving Class III Medical Device
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Action
- Effect of Standing on Class Certification in False Advertising Suits after Spokeo
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Case
- Walsworth Wins MSA in Product Liability Case