Amrit Dhaliwal focuses her practice primarily on life sciences, product liability, toxic torts and general liability. Amrit defends clients in pharmaceutical, medical device and dietary/herbal supplement product liability claims. Amrit has successfully represented manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers in numerous multiple-party litigation. Amrit participates in all aspects of case management, including pre-trial work, discovery, motions for summary judgment, depositions and trial preparation.
Prior to joining Walsworth, Amrit worked on land use, zoning and real estate transactional matters for a telecommunications company.
Amrit is fluent in Punjabi.
- Dismissal of pharmaceutical manufacturer based on preemption in federal court personal injury product liability action involving ingestion of generic brand drug.
- Dismissal of hip implant manufacturer in personal injury product liability action.
- Dismissal of a product packager from a series of multi-plaintiff cases venued in both state and federal courts involving allegations of bodily injuries and death claimed to have been caused by ingestion of a dietary supplement.
- Judgment entered in favor of manufacturer client following two rounds of successful dispositive motions. While motion for summary judgment was pending, plaintiff was granted leave to amend her complaint to add new causes of action. A demurrer was filed on behalf of manufacturer client and sustained by the court, without leave to amend.
- Dismissal of a hernia mesh manufacturer after meeting and conferring on a demurrer based on pre-emption and learned intermediary doctrine.
- Summary adjudication granted in favor of manufacturer client in a product liability case where the plaintiff sued for personal injuries allegedly sustained as a result of exposure to a medical device. The Court granted summary adjudication in favor of the manufacturer as to all product liability causes of action (strict liability, negligence and breach of warranty).
- Summary judgment granted in favor of medical device manufacturer in product liability action.
- Judgment entered in favor of manufacturer of Class III medical device on grounds that claims were preempted by federal law.
- Dismissal of pharmaceutical manufacturer for lack of personal jurisdiction over claims brought by out-of-state residents related to the marketing of heart medication.
- Dismissal of manufacturer following hearing on a motion to quash for lack of personal jurisdiction in claim brought by a plaintiff relating to the distribution of stone products to his employer.
- Orange County Bar Association
- California Young Lawyers Association
Amrit graduated from the California Western School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Honors Board, the Public Service Honors Society, and the Pro Bono Honors Society. During law school, she externed for the Honorable Anthony J. Battaglia at the United States District Court of the Southern District. Amrit also interned at the San Diego County Office of the Primary Public Defender, the San Diego County Office of the Alternate Public Defender, and the San Diego City Attorney’s Office.
Born and raised in Fresno, California, Amrit moved to Orange County for her undergraduate studies and has been in Southern California ever since. While away from the office, Amrit enjoys traveling, watching sports, going to the gym, hiking and trying the many brunch options Orange County has to offer.
- Walsworth Publishes 2021 Life Sciences Year In Review
- Walsworth Participates in the 2021 Spring Run for Justice
- Walsworth Publishes 2020 Life Sciences Year In Review
- Walsworth Publishes 2019 Life Sciences Year In Review
- Walsworth Honored at OCWLA Gala for Advancement of Women Award
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Action Involving Class III Medical Device
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Action
- Effect of Standing on Class Certification in False Advertising Suits after Spokeo
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Case
- Walsworth Wins MSA in Product Liability Case