Ani Adjemian focuses her practice on defending product liability and personal injury cases, specifically in the areas of environmental and toxic tort cases; defending product manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers in complex product liability cases involving medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs, nutritional supplements, and food products; defending property owners and contractors in premises liability cases; and defending and litigating various business, commercial, and general liability disputes. She handles matters ranging anywhere from single plaintiff matters to multi-party complex ones.
Ani is experienced in all phases of civil litigation, and has successfully represented clients in bench and jury trials involving a variety of matters. She also represents clients in administrative hearings, having made numerous appearances in front of the Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standard Enforcement. She has tried cases involving alleged inaccessibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act, breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secret matters, as well as defamation and business litigation. Ani also has experience litigating environmental contamination cases involving issues of soil, air, or groundwater contamination. Her experience includes representing both private and public entities in complex multi-party cases for cost recovery, as well as personal injury cases from hundreds of plaintiffs involving environmental exposure to toxins.
Ani has been named a “Rising Star” by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2014. She is fluent in Armenian.
- Judgment entered in favor of manufacturer client following two rounds of successful dispositive motions. While motion for summary judgment was pending, plaintiff was granted leave to amend her complaint to add new causes of action. A demurrer was filed on behalf of manufacturer client and sustained by the court, without leave to amend.
- Summary adjudication granted in favor of manufacturer client in a product liability case where the plaintiff sued for personal injuries allegedly sustained as a result of exposure to a medical device. The Court granted summary adjudication in favor of the manufacturer as to all product liability causes of action (strict liability, negligence and breach of warranty).
- Duarte and Pasmino v. Hyung Sung Investment Properties, LLC – Successfully defended a client in an alleged ADA violation case after a bench trial, wherein plaintiffs sought thousands of dollars for allegedly being unable to use the restaurant’s restroom fixtures.
- Lamoon, Inc. v. Lamour Nail Product, Inc. – Successfully defended an acrylic nail manufacturing company in a trademark infringement and indemnity case following a six-day bench trial.
- Fred Kayne v. Cottonsmith, LLC, et al. – Successfully represented a plaintiff in a business dispute case that included the following claims: breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, violation of Penal Code Section 496, and punitive damages. The jury rendered a complete verdict for the plaintiff after a five-week jury trial for $4.3 million.
- Rhonda Holmes v. Courtney Love Cobain – Successfully represented a defendant in a two-week jury trial involving a defamation per se case, where the defendant’s former attorney sought $8 million in presumed damages due to a statement the defendant made on Twitter that her former attorney was “bought off,” as well as subsequent statements made to a Canadian journalist.
- American Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Women Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles (Career Development & Life Balance Chair)
- Board of Directors, YWCA Glendale
- Selected as a Rising Star by Los Angeles Magazine, a peer recognized honor given to 2.5 percent of attorneys in Southern California, 2014 – Present
- Presenter: “Emerging Issues in the Use and Collection of Social Media Evidence,” March 2016
- Co-Speaker: “Protecting the Strawberry Creek Watershed: Meeting the Challenges of Environmental Stewardship in an Urban Environment,” at UC Berkeley, for the International Water Association Conference, July 2008
- Co-Presenter and Moderator: “Pike Public Progress Report” for Developers Diversified Realty, Community Outreach Public Meeting, in City of Long Beach, March 2008
Ani is passionate about practicing law in general, and loves learning about a new industry with each case. Ani enjoys taking complex legal issues and factual scenarios and distilling it in a way where the facts are simple, and the clients have an opportunity to tell their story. Her interests include ballroom dancing, reading, and spending time with her children and husband.
- Walsworth Attorneys Recognized as 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Cottage Food Operation: What Is It, and Can You Do It?
- Effect of Standing on Class Certification in False Advertising Suits after Spokeo
- State of Litigation Over ‘Natural’ Food Labels
- Walsworth Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Case
- Walsworth Wins MSA in Product Liability Case
- Ani Adjemian Appointed to Co-Chair Committee by the Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Walsworth Attorneys Recognized as 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Ani Adjemian to Present at the Beverly Hills Bar Association On July 19
- Social Media: Changing the Face of Investigations
- FDA Issues Final Guidance Regarding Reducing Acrylamide in Certain Foods
- Is Natural Really Natural? The Labeling of Food Products That Contain GMOs