Cindy Hughes is co-chair of the Transactional Department, where she focuses her practice on advising clients in commercial, business and real estate transactions. Specifically, she counsels client on mergers and acquisitions, the organization and governance of business entities, including corporations, LLCs and partnerships, and commercial real estate transactions, including purchases, sales and leasing. Cindy also negotiates, reviews and drafts business agreements, including shareholder, partnership, employment, licensing and distribution agreements. Additionally, Cindy has considerable experience in representing manufacturers, financial institutions and non-profit entities in commercial leasing and real estate purchases and sales, easements, and lot line adjustments.
Prior to her legal career, Cindy was a Certified Public Accountant, although her CPA license is currently inactive.
- Merger and acquisition transactions involving manufacturing, distribution, technology and other businesses.
- Real estate purchase and sale transactions including title insurance, due diligence, entity selection and other issues.
- Negotiation, preparation and review of commercial contracts, including distribution, service, private label and licensing agreements.
- Commercial lease and ground lease transactions.
- Orange County Bar Association, Business and Corporate Law Section