Cindy Hughes is co-chair of the Transactional Department, where she focuses her practice on business transactions and advising business entities. She also provides representation in mergers and acquisitions, the organization and governance of business entities, including corporations, LLCs and partnerships, and commercial real estate transactions, including purchases, sales and leasing. Cindy also negotiates, reviews and drafts business agreements, including shareholder, partnership, employment, licensing and distribution agreements. Prior to her legal career, Cindy was a Certified Public Accountant, although her CPA license is currently inactive.
- Real estate acquisitions regarding raw land, partially developed projects, and completely developed commercial projects.
- Drafting and negotiating real estate indemnity agreements, including environmental indemnity agreements.
- Negotiation and due diligence related to many title insurance disputes, right-of-way disputes, entitlement disputes, development agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Hot Rods v. Northrop – Successfully negotiated and drafted the purchase sale agreement, including all representations, warranties and indemnities. When Northrop challenged the enforceability of the provisions ten years later, both the trial court and the appellate court held the provisions to have the effect sought on behalf of client in a published decision.
- Orange County Bar Association, Business and Corporate Law Section