Cyrian Tabuena has been an attorney in California since 1983 and primarily practices environmental litigation with an emphasis on toxic tort, premises liability, product liability, and contamination cases. He has successfully represented manufacturers, distributors, retailers and premises owners in multiple-party litigation involving exposure to chemicals, metals, abrasives, silica and asbestos. During the past 20+ years, he has been involved in numerous asbestos jury trials resolved out of court, and has seen several cases to verdict.
Cyrian is called upon by clients and industry groups to give presentations on various subjects relating to asbestos litigation including medical causation, expert witnesses, and landowner liability.
- Obtained a unanimous California Supreme Court decision on behalf of Unocal Corporation, in which the Supreme Court limited the liability of landowners and others who retain contractors to perform work on the hiring party’s property.
- Filipino Bar Association of Northern California, President, 1985-1986
- “How to Become a Law Firm Partner”
- “Premises Liability: The Blame Game”
- “Expert Strategies for Litigating, Settling and Managing the New Wave of Asbestos Claims”
- “Handling a New File”
Cyrian was born and raised in San Francisco. He is also a professional bass guitarist and spends his free time performing at venues around the country. When not “rocking out,” he enjoys cooking and photography.
He and his wife are discovering new things to do as empty-nesters including weekend mini-vacations in the wine country and road trips on the back roads of Northern California.