Elizabeth L. Huynh is an experienced litigator, who started her civil litigation career focusing on product liability litigation, with an emphasis on asbestos litigation. She has since expanded her practice to include general liability, business, real estate, and employment-related counseling and litigation. Her experience includes defending an array of clients, including vehicle makers and dealerships; manufacturers of Navy equipment; manufacturers and suppliers of residential and commercial construction products; manufacturers and suppliers of component parts for aerospace applications; manufacturers and suppliers of personal healthcare products; and contractors under different theories of liability.
Elizabeth is versed in all phases of litigation, including trial, and has enjoyed great success in seeking dismissals, summary judgments, costs awards, and favorable settlements for her clients.
Prior to developing her civil litigation practice, Elizabeth served as a deputy district attorney, where she was recognized for her jury trial record. Particularly, she was recognized for taking the most cases to verdict during a designated time period.
Elizabeth is conversational in Vietnamese.
- Obtained summary judgment in a contentious alleged discrimination and wrongful termination case for an esteemed client, a large financial institution. Notably, the claimant’s counsel is an award-winning litigator, whose prior successes included an eight-figure award against a large retailer.
- LaMonica v. Consumer Products Company – Secured a defense verdict for a worldwide consumer products company in a personal injury mesothelioma case alleging exposure from a personal care product allegedly tainted with asbestos and asbestos-containing joint compound products used on the job. After more than three months of trial, the jury returned a resounding 12-0 decision for our client.
- Handley vs. Alfa Laval, Inc. et al – Secured one of the first summary judgments that was ever granted in Los Angeles County under a non-original parts/replacement parts defense pursuant to the seminal case of Taylor vs. Elliott Turbomachinery Company. Elizabeth represented an equipment manufacturer, who was in the midst of trial in that instance.
- Kiener vs. Alfa Laval, Inc. et al – Secured a summary judgment for a trailer manufacturer client against dual plaintiffs, who were each claiming injuries from component parts purportedly affixed to client’s equipment.
- Ball vs. Astra Flooring Company, et al – Secured a summary judgment for a decking contractor client by dismantling the plaintiffs’ theory that client bears liability under an “Enterprise Theory of Liability.”
- Smith vs. Arnott Bennis, Inc., et al – Secured a summary judgment for a premises/contractor client by establishing that the client owed the plaintiff no duty to warn based on the factual circumstances of the case.
- Hill vs. Ameron International Corporation, et al – Successfully moved to strike prior deposition testimony that formed the crux of plaintiffs’ claims against a component part supplier client and thereafter obtained a dismissal for the client.
- Member, California Minority Counsel Program
- “Talc Talk: A Sprinkle A Day Won’t Keep Litigation Away”
Elizabeth was born and raised in Southern California and loves to spend time with her husband and their dog. She also enjoys interior design, container gardening, spinning, and practicing pilates and yoga.
- Walsworth Publishes California Employment Law Update for 2023
- Walsworth Client Granted Motion for Summary Judgment in Complex Employment Case
- Walsworth Attorneys Leverage Case Through Closing Arguments to Obtain Dismissals for Firm Clients
- Walsworth Partners Obtain Summary Judgment for Large Financial Institution in Contentious Employment Case
- Walsworth Attorneys Obtain Summary Judgment on Behalf of Product Manufacturer in Toxic Tort Case
- Walsworth Honored at OCWLA Gala for Advancement of Women Award
- Walsworth Announces 2019 Partner Class
- Walsworth Partners Elizabeth Huynh, Soniya Khemlani and Jessica Kim to Attend the CMCP Ambassadors Reception
- Walsworth Partners Attend the NAMWOLF 2018 Business Meeting
- Meet the Team Q&A: Elizabeth Huynh
- Walsworth Announces 2017 Partner Class