Ingrid Campagne has practiced litigation in California since 1992, where her focus is on environmental litigation with an emphasis on product liability, toxic tort and premises liability. Ingrid enjoys trying cases and has achieved an impressive trial record. She has represented many types of companies including manufacturers, premises owners, contractors and distributors. Ingrid serves as lead counsel for numerous companies, including work as national coordinating counsel for some.
Ingrid believes that client relationships are of paramount importance and she enjoys meeting clients and being the person that shepherds them through the lawsuit process. Ingrid understands that whether sued in one case or in a hundred cases, litigation is stressful, and she wants her clients to know that she is there to help. “No one enjoys being sued,” she says. “I see my job as making the process as efficient, pain-free and expeditious as possible, while delivering solid results.”
- Harkin v. Refinery Labor Company – Successfully secured a defense verdict for a refinery labor company in a personal injury mesothelioma case alleging exposure to asbestos during work at a San Francisco Bay area refinery. Following four weeks of trial, the jury found that no asbestos exposure was attributable to the defendant company.
- Rowberg v. Plumbing Supply Company – Secured a defense verdict for a plumbing supply company and its alleged predecessor entity in a wrongful death case following 17 days of trial. The plaintiff alleged the company supplied asbestos cement pipe to the plaintiff’s worksites, thereby exposing his wife to asbestos dust via his clothing. The wife subsequently contracted mesothelioma and passed away. Plaintiffs’ attorneys had asked the jury for $18 million.
- DePree v. Wholesale Distributor – Secured a non-suit during trial for a wholesale distributor of talc that was used in the manufacture of other products in a case involving a maintenance man who developed mesothelioma.
- Ash v. Various Defendants – Successfully won a jury defense verdict for a manufacturing client in an asbestosis action after a four week jury trial. The plaintiff’s verdicts were returned against another defendant represented by different law firm in similar cases tried before the same jury.
- Childress v. Various Defendants – Dismissal with prejudice on behalf of a general contractor defendant on the day of closing argument in a case involving fatal asbestos-related lung cancer.
- Enroth v. Various Defendants; Livingston v. Various Defendants; Hoke v. Various Defendants – Nonsuits were awarded to the defendant manufacturer and contractor represented by Walsworth in three alleged asbestosis cases.
- Grider v. Asbestos Defendants – Successfully secured a dismissal of a boiler manufacturer client immediately after the opening statement was given on the client’s behalf in a living mesothelioma case.
Speaking Engagements and Publications:
- Speaker: “Nuts and Bolts: The Proximate Cause Defense”, Defense Asbestos Litigation Seminar (DALS)
- Moderator: “The Insurance Perspective on Today’s Asbestos Litigation”, Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference
- Panelist: “Key Asbestos Claim Insurance Disputes: Problem Solving Advice & Ethical Considerations”, Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference
- Panelist: “Emerging and Specialized Claims”, Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference
- Panel Speaker: “Current Observations of Patterns of Mesothelioma in the American Populace”, Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference: Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation
Ingrid is the Executive Director of Waggin’ Trails Rescue Foundation, a registered California non-profit organization. The group rescues dogs and cats from life threatening situations, including abusive or neglectful owners, abandoned foreclosure sites and animals on their last day at shelters.
- Has Silicosis Resurfaced in Kitchen Countertop Workers?
- Walsworth Partners Host Event to Benefit Dog Rescue Foundation
- Is a Dissolved Corporation Really a Dead Corporation? Issues in Defending a Dissolved Corporation
- SF litigators moonlight as shelter dog saviors
- Walsworth Partner Ingrid Campagne to Moderate at 2017 ACI Asbestos Conference
- Walsworth Publishes 2016 Year-End Asbestos Update
- Walsworth Publishes 2016 Mid-Year Asbestos Update
- Ingrid Campagne to Speak at Annual DALS Conference on June 9
- Hon. Steven Kleifield to Serve as Newly Appointed Southern California Asbestos Coordination Trial Judge
- California Defendants Win in Deposition Limits Debate