Jacklyn Kim is a partner at Walsworth, where she focuses her practice on general liability matters, including casualty, premises liability claims, and insurance bad faith defense. She is experienced in all stages of litigation from inception to trial.
Before joining Walsworth, Jacklyn gained significant experience representing businesses, insurance carriers, and healthcare companies in personal injury matters, real estate/landlord-tenant cases, and employment matters, including wage and hour disputes, wrongful termination claims, cases alleging whistleblower retaliation, and sexual harassment claims. She also first-chaired a vehicle collision case which settled favorably for the client on the first day of trial, and second-chaired two jury trials, which resulted in favorable outcomes for her clients.
Jacklyn is licensed to practice in California and New York, and is fluent in Korean.
- First-chaired a vehicle collision case in Orange County which settled favorably for the client during the first day of trial.
- Second-chaired a trial in Orange County in which the jury found the Plaintiff to be falsifying his injuries, and rendered a win for the Defendant by awarding the Plaintiff $0.
- Second-chaired a jury trial in Long Beach in which Plaintiff was seeking $1 million, but the jury awarded less than $5,000 for her medical bills.
- Litigated and negotiated favorable settlements for a major rideshare company in first party uninsured/underinsured motorist arbitration matters, and personal injury cases involving auto v. auto, auto v. pedestrian, auto v. motorcyclist and bicyclist, including successfully getting the cases dismissed from early onset of litigation.
- Obtained a dismissal for a large corporation in a personal injury case after successfully eliciting a fraudulent claim during Plaintiff’s testimony at his deposition.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association
Outside of the office, Jacklyn enjoys traveling, participating in charity work, and spending time with her family and their two dogs.