Jessica Kim focuses her practice on multiple-party litigation involving exposure to various materials including asbestos, benzene, welding fumes, chemicals, silica and others, with an emphasis on premises and product liability. Jessica is involved in the representation of municipalities, premises owners, subcontractors, manufacturers and distributors of a wide range of products. She has received several dismissals on behalf of her clients and has participated in successful resolution of claims through dispositive motions, trials, mediations, and settlement conferences.
Jessica serves as local and national coordinating counsel for various global companies in a wide variety of industrial and commercial sectors, including chemical, automotive, building material, and commercial and industrial equipment. She has also successfully represented smaller family-run businesses involved in mass tort claims and individual toxic exposure cases, obtaining dismissals, summary judgment, and leveraging favorable settlements on behalf of her clients.
In law school Jessica was the Articles Editor for the Loyola International and Comparative Law Journal.
- Successfully defended and obtained dismissals of product manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and premises owners in multiple personal injury and wrongful death actions involving allegations of exposure to silica, benzene, other toxic chemicals and asbestos.
- Negotiated favorable resolutions in multiple product liability actions against manufacturers and distributors involving demands of at least seven figures.
- Successfully defended multinational electronics company in action involving significant property damage as a result of a fire allegedly caused by defective lithium batteries.
- Successfully defended a worldwide consumer products company at trial in a personal injury action involving alleged exposure to talc in personal care products resulting in settlement for 51% of plaintiffs’ demand.
- Successfully defended a Southern California municipality in actions against the municipality ranging from alleged free speech violations, premises liability, to excessive police force.
Jessica enjoys hiking, trying out new restaurants, going to the beach, and spending time with friends and family. She is usually involved with charities dedicated to child hunger relief efforts in local communities and abroad.