Jonathan Chen is an experienced litigator that has handled several complex matters. His experience includes defending real estate developers, general contractors and product manufacturers in construction related lawsuits, which regularly involved contractual claims. Additionally, Jonathan defends product manufacturers and distributors in toxic tort actions involving industrial and consumer products.
Jonathan’s experience also includes defending owners and occupiers of real estate. He has defended wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims, and has successfully obtained favorable outcomes for land owners through motions for summary judgment. Additionally, he has experience handling sales of commercial real estate.
Jonathan also has considerable experience defending insurance professionals in lawsuits alleging errors and omissions due to insufficient or lack of insurance coverage.
- Summary judgment in favor of city in dangerous condition of public property action. Summary judgment was granted based on the public entity design immunity.
- Summary judgment in favor of shopping center in wrongful death action.
- Summary judgment in favor of landlord in mold exposure action.
- Obtained dismissals of real estate developers in asbestos exposure actions.
- Orange County Bar Association
In his free time, Jonathan enjoys travelling the world, taking photographs and snowboarding.