Katie Stricklin concentrates her practice in all aspects of complex civil litigation, including life sciences, product liability and general liability defense matters. Katie has been involved in the representation of a wide variety of clients, including manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, makers of medical devices, pharmaceutical and dietary/herbal supplements. She has experience with multiple-party litigation, and has participated in successful resolution of these types of claims through dispositive motions, mediations, settlement conferences and trial.
- Defense judgment on behalf of a former chemical distribution company in an environmental contamination case venued in federal district court in California. Plaintiff alleged PCE contamination on a site in a redevelopment zone in Pomona.
- Defense verdict on behalf of a general contractor in a construction defect case where plaintiff sought millions for alleged deficiencies in his high-end Laguna Beach home.
- Dismissal of a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in a personal injury product liability case where plaintiff alleged ingestion of prescription medication caused Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.
- Various USDC cases in Hawaii v. USP Labs – Dismissal of a product packager from a series of multi-plaintiff cases involving allegations of bodily injuries and death claimed to have been caused by ingestion of a dietary supplement.
- Summary judgment granted in favor of an owner/developer of a large commercial retail center. Multi-plaintiff claims were based on alleged toxic exposure and damages in excess of $1.6 million dollars.
- Dismissal of medical device manufacturer in a personal injury product liability case where plaintiff sought damages for permanent injuries to a minor allegedly resulting from a defective circumcision clamp.
- Dismissal of a dismissal of medical device manufacturer in personal injury products liability and fraud action where plaintiff sought damages related to a spinal fusion procedure.
- Summary judgment granted in favor of medical device manufacturer in product liability action.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- “Claims and Litigation Trends in the Life Sciences Industry”
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Construction Litigation”
Katie enjoys spending time with her husband, as well as her Golden Retriever. She is actively involved in the Orphan Care Initiative at nearby Saddleback Church.
Also in her spare time, Katie enjoys reading, cooking and writing. She is a published author on the subject of Autism.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Katie spent six years working for the Walt Disney Company as a Store Complex Manager at the Disneyland Resort. It was at Disneyland that she met her husband.
- Walsworth Publishes 2019 Life Sciences Year In Review
- Walsworth Honored at OCWLA Gala for Advancement of Women Award
- Walsworth Obtains Judgment in Product Liability Action
- Walsworth Announces 2019 Partner Class
- Walsworth Publishes 2018 Year-End Life Sciences Update
- Walsworth Publishes 2017 Year-End Life Sciences Update
- Medical Device Sales Reps in the Operating Room: An Asset or a Liability?
- Walsworth Publishes 2016 Year-End Life Sciences Update
- Walsworth Publishes 2016 Mid-Year Life Sciences Update
- Losing Its Bite? The Erosion of FDA Power Over Promotion of Off-Label Drug Use
- A Second Bite at the Apple? Recovery for Wrongful Death After Settling an Underlying Personal Injury Claim