Reyna Macias handles a wide range of litigation matters, including employment matters involving claims for discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour claims, including several class actions. She has been involved in litigating a full range of matters on her clients’ behalf and has participated in the successful resolution of cases through dispositive motions, arbitration, mediation and settlement conferences. In addition to her litigation practice, Reyna also provides sexual harassment prevention training to supervisors.
Reyna has experience in business, tort, banking, copyright and construction litigation. Reyna also handles a wide range of real estate litigation matters, including trespass, encroachment, easement, and joint ownership disputes. She has also handled adverse possession claims.
Previous to Walsworth, Reyna was the controller and chief financial officer of RE/MAX Premier Realty in Irvine, California.
Reyna is fluent in Spanish and conversant in Italian.
- Employee v. Credit Union – Binding arbitration resulting in defense award in favor of our client, a prominent Southern California credit union. Plaintiff, an officer, claimed he was terminated due to disability discrimination and sought in excess of one million dollars. The arbitrator found plaintiff failed to provide any medical information to demonstrate he needed any accommodation, and that the termination was not based on his disability.
- Successfully settled wage and hour class action case for a fraction of the demand in the millions of dollars.
- Obtained a binding arbitration resulting in a defense award, where the plaintiff contended that he was terminated due to age and disability discrimination.
- Successfully settled an employment matter regarding alleged race/disability discrimination and wrongful termination for a fraction of the initial demand of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Won an appeal on a motion to compel arbitration for an employment matter on behalf of a pharmaceutical repackager. The matter settled soon thereafter.
- Represented various employers in pre-litigation employment claims.
- Successfully represented a waterproofing product manufacturer in a number of construction defect cases, obtaining either dismissals or early settlements for nuisance value despite substantial demands.
- Represented various travel agencies in copyright infringement cases and negotiated settlements for a fraction of the original demands.
- Represented contractors, including framing contractors, roofing contractors, flooring contractors, and paving contractors, in construction defect cases.
Reyna enjoys hiking, running, traveling, spending time with her family and friends and attending museums and wine tastings. She particularly enjoys visiting archeological sites all over the world, and has visited Chichen Itza, Teotihuacan, the Paestum Greek ruins, and Pompeii. Reyna is also conversant in Italian, which came in handy during a road trip from Naples to the Amalfi Coast.
- Employment Arbitration Agreements and the One Year Statute of Limitations for Harassment/Discrimination Claims Survive in California
- Defend Trade Secrets Act: What Does It Mean for Employers?
- Be Careful When Posting Photographs or Other Images to Your Business Social Networking Websites
- California Supreme Court Narrows The Inside Sales Exemption