OverviewRepresentative SuccessesIndustry InvolvementIn The News
Robert Donohue is a seasoned litigator with over 30 years of experience and 35 cases tried to verdict. His diverse practice includes defending general liability, medical malpractice/elder abuse and nursing home cases, product liability, business litigation, construction defect, real estate and employment law matters. Robert is well-versed in handling breach of contract claims, landlord/tenant disputes, and commercial and general auto liability cases.
Prior to joining Walsworth, Robert focused his practice on insurance defense and defending physicians, dentists and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice matters.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in Los Angeles Superior Court in favor of a tour provider and bus driver in a matter involving a tourist’s fall in the Grand Canyon area. The alleged injuries were orthopedic and traumatic brain injury and associated medical bills exceeded $900,000.00. In granting the motion, the court agreed that the plaintiff’s complaint was barred under both the “open and obvious” and “assumption of risk” doctrines.
- Reyes v. Flaum – Successful result after an eight-day jury trial in an automobile accident case that resulted in an award against client that was substantially less than the client’s last offer to the plaintiff.
- Various Plaintiffs v. Regional Grocery Store Chain – Oversee and manage numerous litigation matters for a regional grocery store chain, resulting in the favorable resolution of multiple slip and fall and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims.
- Represented numerous residential and commercial clients with premise liability cases involving sidewalks
- Represented a statewide grocery retail chain in the successful resolution of multiple general liability claims
- Represented a nationwide pharmacy retail chain in multiple slip and fall claims
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association