Ronald Bevins focuses his practice on toxic tort/environmental, employment, construction and general business litigation. Throughout his career he has successfully represented municipalities, manufacturers, distributors and subcontractors in multi-party litigation. Ron has accumulated considerable experience representing companies who have had toxic tort claims filed against them, working with numerous insurance carriers to manage the high volume of claims against some of these companies facing significant environmental exposure.
Additionally, Ron has litigated and participated in the resolution of a wide variety of business disputes for both large companies and smaller, closely held firms, as well as, construction-related disputes, environmental issues, employment claims, and general strategic planning and counseling in these areas.
- Kummel v. Old World – Secured a defense verdict in a business tort-contract dispute involving approximately $15 million in assets after a one-month trial.
- Millard v. Kent Realty – Successfully secured a unanimous plaintiff jury verdict in favor of real estate investors against a real estate company selling investment properties. The award successfully included $300,000 in punitive damages after approximately a one month jury trial.
- Security Pacific Mortgage Co. v. Nourian – Successfully secured a plaintiff jury verdict (12-0), including fraud and punitive damages in excess of $1 million.
- Orange County Bar Association, Insurance and Business Litigation Sections
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honor Society
- Fullerton College Paralegal Advisory Board, 1989 – 1991