Sharon Clisham has been a partner in Walsworth’s San Francisco office since 1993. She was Managing Partner for 15 years. She supervised a diverse practice of more than 30 attorneys during her tenure as co-managing partner, seeing the firm’s growth to more than 80 attorneys. As a partner in the Environmental Department, she has been instrumental in developing the firm’s associate training program, customized to address the procedures and nuances of asbestos litigation. Sharon has tried several product liability cases and asbestos cases to verdict and continues to supervise and facilitate the resolution of cases for many of the firm’s clients.
Shortly after receiving her master’s degree, Sharon was recruited by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. She worked in the San Francisco FBI Office before being promoted to the Intelligence Division of the New York FBI office.
- Hudnall v. Various Defendants – Unanimous defense verdict for a construction site contractor in an action involving claim of exposure to asbestos by a career carpenter.
- Schweitzer v. Various Defendants – Unanimous defense verdict for a large utility company in a confirmed mesothelioma case. The jury returned its verdict based on plaintiff’s failure to prove negligence against the premises owner.
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Advisory Panel
- Charter Member of the Bar Association of Leadership Society
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
Sharon loves using her experience to mentor the next generation of attorneys. While away from the office, Sharon is interested in traveling, theaters, reading and animal rights and conservation.
Sharon is a long standing member of the San Francisco SPCA, Heart of Gold Society.