Soniya Khemlani focuses her practice on local and national clients in a wide variety of civil litigation matters, including claims arising from the use of industrial products, consumer products, and construction equipment, for alleged occupational and non-occupational exposures to toxic substances, including asbestos, silica, talc, and household and industrial chemicals. Soniya also represents a Southern California utility company, a global aerospace company, e-cigarette store owners, and small business owners against supplier, contractor, premises liability, and general liability claims. Soniya has gained extensive experience representing clients in various litigation matters, including complex, multiparty and multijurisdictional litigation and in numerous cases with the allegation of substantial damages.
Soniya is experienced in managing matters from inception through trial. Throughout the years she has achieved successful results for her clients both in the courtroom and through the negotiation of favorable resolutions.
Soniya was named a “Rising Star” by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine in 2016 and 2017.
She is fluent in Sindhi.
- Plaintiffs v. Oven Equipment Maintenance Company – Motion for summary judgment granted for an oven equipment maintenance company. The client was not in the chain of production and marketing for the defective appliance that caused toxic injury to the plaintiffs, and they did not owe plaintiffs a duty to inspect equipment for potential defects.
- Plaintiffs v. Large Energy Supplier Company – Motion for summary judgment granted for an energy supplier company client in a matter in which plaintiffs alleged asbestos exposure, but was unable to prove that the client was in the chain of production and marketing, or that they caused plaintiffs’ alleged injuries on the client’s premises.
- Plaintiff v. Lumber Supply Company – Motion for summary judgment granted for lumber supply company in matter in which plaintiff failed to prove she was ever exposed to asbestos-containing products sold or supplied by client.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest investor-owned utilities in litigation involving personal injury and property damage.
- Associate Leadership Board of Public Counsel
- Member, California Minority Counsel Program
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Public Law Center Volunteer, Orange County
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- “Pivoting from Today to Tomorrow: The Transitioning Roles of In-House Counsel and Outside Counsel”
- “Hot Topics in Tort Litigation”
Soniya sits on the Young Professional’s Committee for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Orange County, as well as on the Silent Auction Committee for the Orange County Public Law Center. She is a mentor for the El Dorado High School Legal Studies Advocacy Workforce Readiness Program at her former high school. She is also a member of Orange County’s Young Professionals Society.
In her spare time, Soniya enjoys hiking, travelling, reading and going to the beach.
- Walsworth Announces 2019 Partner Class
- Walsworth Attorneys Recognized as 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Walsworth Participates in Food From The Bar Campaign
- Walsworth Partners Elizabeth Huynh, Soniya Khemlani and Jessica Kim to Attend the CMCP Ambassadors Reception
- Walsworth Participates in the 2018 Run for Justice
- Walsworth Partners Attend the NAMWOLF 2018 Business Meeting
- Walsworth Partners Karen Johnson and Soniya Khemlani to Participate at the 2017 WBEC Winter Showcase
- Walsworth Attorneys Recognized as 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- Walsworth Partner Soniya Khemlani to Speak at MIHCA Event
- Walsworth Announces 2017 Partner Class
- Pokémon GO and the Alleged Nuisance of Catching ’Em All
- Walsworth Attorneys Recognized as 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars
- FDA Announces New Regulations on Previously Unregulated Tobacco Products