One of the fastest growing areas of litigation is professional liability. The rapidly evolving business climate has prompted new and restrictive regulations that impact the professional’s day-to-day practice and creates the potential for greater liability exposure. As technology precipitously develops and brings new business opportunities, it equally creates new and uncharted legal perils. The need for experienced and effective legal counsel to both advise and defend the professional becomes even more paramount.
Walsworth provides counseling and representation to a wide range of professionals and is particularly situated to handle the complex legal matters inherent in this specialized field. We have extensive experience handling all aspects of professional liability claims in both state and federal courts ranging from legal consulting to trying cases to verdict. Walsworth’s legal counseling and litigation services for professionals include:
- Attorneys at Law
- Directors and Officers
- Employment Professional Liability
- Healthcare Professionals
- Insurance Brokers and Agents
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability Sectors
- Project Managers
- Real Estate Professionals
We have resolved numerous professional liability claims in early resolution proceedings and taken other cases to trial with excellent results. We have wide-ranging experience with court-designated complex litigation cases and professional administrative matters. Walsworth employs a team approach and draws on the extensive legal knowledge of its members to collaborate, address and protect the client’s interests.
- Plaintiffs v. Real Estate Agency and Listing Agent – Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a well-known commercial real estate agency and listing agent in a complex real estate investment case alleging intentional misrepresentation. Plaintiffs alleged they were misled when they purchased 4.5 acres of land with two large structures and found out the property lacked certain permits which allegedly made it not suitable for their investment needs. The court ultimately held that our clients properly administered their professional duties and there was no evidence of misrepresentation.
- Plaintiff v. Plaintiff’s Former Attorney – Successfully negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of an attorney client in a professional liability matter which ultimately required the plaintiff to pay the client.
- Plaintiff v. Civil Engineer – Represented a civil engineer in a professional liability real estate dispute involving the construction of Nobu Newport Beach, and negotiated a favorable pre-litigation settlement on behalf of the client below the client’s reporting limits, despite $1 million+ professional liability exposure.