Amber Kelly is a senior counsel at Walsworth who focuses her practice on asbestos and general liability matters. She is a skilled trial attorney with nearly 40 years of experience handling all aspects of litigation, including developing case strategy, propounding and responding to written discovery, taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions, and representing clients in jury trials, arbitrations, and mediations. Amber is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), one of the preeminent national organizations for experienced trial lawyers.
Prior to joining Walsworth, Amber represented a wide range of clients, including corporations, insurance companies, and public entities, in a variety of premises liability, motor vehicle accident, complex toxic tort, products liability, construction defect, and insurance bad faith matters.
- Clark v. Karnezis – First chaired a San Francisco jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in favor of 19 year-old driver sued by a physician severely injured during a motor vehicle accident.
- Tillis v. Oakland Coliseum/Syufy Theaters – First chaired a jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in favor of Oakland Coliseum/Syufy in a case involving claims of dangerous condition of the premises.
- Batieste v. BARTD – First chaired a jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in favor of BARTD in a case involving claims of dangerous condition of public property.
- Walker v. Abex, et al. – First chaired a San Francisco jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in favor of insulation distributor/contractor sued for personal injury in an asbestosis case.
- Hill v. ACandS, Inc., et al. – Second chaired a San Francisco jury trial resulting in defense verdict in favor of asbestos fiber supplier in wrongful death mesothelioma case.
- Nunez v. Advocate Mines, et al. – Second chaired a Los Angeles jury trial resulting in complete defense verdict in favor of an asbestos fiber broker in a wrongful death mesothelioma case.
- Van v. BARTD, et al. – Second chaired a jury trial resulting in nonsuit for BARTD in a case involving a plaintiff in a persistent vegetative state claiming dangerous condition of public premises due to ongoing construction of the Pittsburgh-Antioch BARTD extension.
- Gibbs v. Holmes, et al. – Successful defense, through summary judgment, of Ackerman McQueen, a national public relations firm, in a case involving claims of intentional tort and workplace harassment.
- Hughes v. Western MacArthur (1987) 192 Cal.App.3d 951. – Prepared successful Respondent’s Brief on Appeal resulting in Court of Appeal decision requiring plaintiffs to specifically plead successor liability.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Alameda and San Francisco County Bar Associations
- American Bar Association, Litigation Division
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association
In her free time, Amber enjoys reading, listening to music, gardening, and going to the movies with her son.