For more than 40 years, Jeff Walsworth has represented and counseled clients on a variety of legal matters. His areas of practice include general business and commercial litigation, real estate, financing, construction and insurance. In addition, as a judicially recognized and designated expert, he also counsels clients regarding complex transactions and litigation. During his career, he has processed more than $10 billion in transactions, as well as accumulated considerable litigation experience representing individuals and companies involved in claims with large payout demands.
When representing clients in business matters, Jeff’s experience encompasses mediation, arbitration, trials, complex litigation and appeals with subject areas including business acquisitions and dissolutions, construction, estate planning, contract disputes, toxic torts, insurance, real estate and various commercial matters. He is available for special projects and counsels clients regarding business development, real estate acquisitions, secured and multi-tiered financing, partnership, licensing and joint venture agreements.
- Hot Rods v. Northrop – Successfully negotiated and drafted the purchase and sale agreement, including all representations, warranties and indemnities. When Northrop challenged the enforceability of the provisions ten years later, both the trial court and the appellate court held the provisions to have the effect sought on behalf of client in a published decision.
- Kummel v. Old World – Secured a defense verdict in a business tort-contract dispute involving approximately $15 million in assets after a one-month trial.
- Millard v. Kent Realty – Successfully secured unanimous plaintiff jury verdict after one month of trial in favor of real estate investors against a real estate company selling investment properties. The award successfully included $300,000 in punitive damages.
- Security Pacific Mortgage Co. v. Nourian – Successfully secured a plaintiff jury verdict (12-0), including fraud and punitive damages in excess of $1 million against the defendants.
- Thompson v. Davis – In Orange County Superior Court secured successful pursuit and recovery of value of real estate purchase options under tort and contractual theories involving multi- millions in investment property.
- In Re: Estate of Hillbloom – Successfully served and processed as special counsel to the special administrator to the estate of the founder of DHL Express. The actions involved the pursuit, administration and litigation of matters exceeding $500 million dollars inclusive of asset valuations, professional malpractice claims and asset management compliance with prudent person rules.
- Real estate acquisitions regarding raw land, partially developed projects and completely developed commercial projects.
- Drafted and negotiated real estate indemnity agreements, including environmental indemnity agreements.
- Negotiation and due diligence related to many title insurance disputes, right-of-way disputes, entitlement disputes, development agreements and joint venture agreements.
- Building Industry Association Admissions
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Mission Possible Club Member
- Continuing Education for California Real Estate Agents and Brokers
- Guest speaker, So-Cal Manufactures and Technology Association
- Guest speaker, Building Industry Association