Joshua Anaya is a skilled trial attorney at Walsworth who focuses his practice on general liability and asbestos matters. He has more than 13 years of experience handling a variety of complex personal injury and wrongful death cases and business litigation matters. Joshua has served as lead trial counsel on several jury and bench trials and has argued cases before the California Fourth District Court of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining Walsworth, Joshua litigated multimillion-dollar high exposure business disputes and catastrophic personal injury cases on behalf of nationwide insurance companies. He also managed state and nationwide consumer product class actions and a high-volume litigation practice of lemon law and auto fraud cases.
- First-chaired a two-and-a-half week breach of contract and fraud trial, which resulted in a directed verdict for cross-defendant client defeating a fraudulent inducement claim.
- First-chaired a one week bench trial in a breach of contract and fraud trial that resulted in a favorable verdict for the client, awarded by court $260,000 in contractual attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained favorable settlement for defendant client of less than $10,000 in alleged traumatic brain injury case after successfully arguing motions in limine and mere hours before beginning voir dire.
- Obtained dismissal of defendant client improperly named in a multi-party wrongful death shooting case prior to having to file a responsive pleading.
- Obtained favorable appellate decision for national insurance company affirming demurrer dismissing frivolous lawsuit without leave to amend based upon res judicata and statute of limitations. Handled entirety of matter from initial pleadings to appellate oral argument before Fourth District Court of Appeals.
- After associating into the case, obtained relief from default judgment arising out of terminating sanctions for defendant client entered over two years prior.
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego
Outside of the office, Joshua enjoys traveling with his wife to Italy and Disneyland, as well as spending time with their dog and two cats. Joshua also enjoys playing Hawaiian music on his ukulele.