Raquel Howard is a Senior Counsel at Walsworth who focuses her practice on general liability and toxic tort matters. She is experienced in all aspects of litigation, including taking and defending depositions, law and motion, mediation, strategic decision making, and trial and arbitration.
Prior to joining Walsworth, Raquel litigated cases concerning product liability, personal injury, employment, and business litigation. She successfully represented clients in mediation, arbitration, and while serving as second chair at trial.
Raquel was named One to Watch by Best Lawyers in 2022 and 2023, in recognition for her outstanding professional excellence in private practice.
- Successfully arbitrated a three-day UIM matter with TBI allegation, including presenting opening statements, performing direct cross-examination of six expert witnesses, bringing evidentiary motions, and presenting closing arguments.
- Second-chaired an arbitration regarding a contractual dispute between neighbors over trees, which resulted in a successful outcome for the client.
- Second-chaired a complex business litigation jury trial involving allegations of fraud.
- Successfully moved to compel medical records from a plaintiff-mother who was not claiming her own injury, to investigate medical causation in product liability matter.
- Achieved favorable settlements for clients both pre-litigation and at mediation.
In her spare time, Raquel enjoys hiking, pilates, eating breakfast burritos, spending time with her 11 nieces and nephews, listening to live music, and traveling.