Zachariah (Zack) Tomlin is a partner at Walsworth and focuses his practice on general liability and construction matters. He is a skilled litigator with more than 14 years of experience in the areas of construction, real estate, employment, premises liability, general liability, commercial and business litigation. Zack has successfully handled high exposure and complex matters through mediation, trial, and appeal in both California and Washington.
Prior to joining Waslworth, Zack managed multiple litigation teams handling construction, casualty, and business matters in both California and Washington for mid-sized West Coast firms. Over the past 14 years, Zack has earned a reputation with both clients and the legal community for professionalism, adept advocacy, unparalleled dedication to client service, and attention to detail.
- Plaintiff v. National Hotel Chain – Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national hotel chain in a slip and fall case, in which Plaintiff claimed permanent disability from hip fracture caused by falling in mopped area of hotel. The Court found that the hotel had not engaged in any negligent maintenance practices.
- Plaintiff v. Landscaping Company – Obtained summary judgment on behalf of landscaping company in a slip and fall case, in which Plaintiff claimed permanent disability and more than $3 million in damages from a spinal fracture sustained at a business park. The Court agreed with our argument that no duty existed between landscape company and patrons of business park.
- Plaintiff v. Business Owners – Obtained a full defense verdict in an intellectual property dispute, following a multi-week jury trial in which Plaintiff sought more than $50 million in damages alleging misappropriation of corporate assets.
- Plaintiffs v. Individual Corporate Representatives – Obtained dismissal of certified 954-person class action wage and hour claim based upon five-year dismissal rule, in which pre-dismissal demand was in excess of $40 million.
- Plaintiff v. Publicly Traded Waterworks Supplier – Obtained summary judgment for client in a case alleging breach of contract related to pricing obligations for a municipal waterworks improvement project. The Court found no breach of contract and no misrepresentations were made regarding pricing availability.
In his free time, Zack enjoys spending time with his family. Zack and his family enjoy travel, the Disney Parks on both coasts, and sports and outdoor activities. For better or for worse, Zack is also a lifelong Lakers fan and enjoys taking his family to live games. His family is also dedicated to charitable service, and they work regularly with various charitable organizations to help those members of the community in need.